Friday, February 29, 2008

Down to a size six (words)

Kelli tagged me.

She explains that it's from an old Hemingway bet. Leave it to Papa.


From her blog:

Here are the rules:
1. Write your own six word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4. Tag five more blogs with links
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

My six-word autobiography:

I will try harder again tomorrow.


Now, I tag Tamara, T., Oliver, Hillku, and Jamie.

6 comments:

sixtothe20 said...

Even though you didn't tag me, I'm still going to think on this one for a while. (: Hm...could use revision, for fear of sounding proud:

I do not know of impossibility.

Joannie Stangeland said...

Oohh! That's a good one.

EKSwitaj said...

I actually used this as a warm-up activity in my sophomore writing classes. (I teach English at a university in rural China). I gave them my own as an example:

moved around, took pictures, made poems

Hi, btw, I found your blog via the Writers with Blogs group on Facebook.

T. said...

Joannie, thank you for thinking of me re: tag. But I'm just not up to it at the moment. xo -T.

Joannie Stangeland said...

ekswitaj: Thanks for adding yours. I checked out your blog.

T.: No worries. It's just for fun.

Kate Evans said...

Have you read the six-word memoir book? It's wonderful, very addictive. I have a few posts here:

http://beingandwriting.blogspot.com/
search?q=six+word+memoir

about it ... because my six-word memoir was in it.

Also, check out Smith Magazine (http://www.smithmag.net/), where you can post yours--maybe it will appear in a future issue of the book.