Friday, February 1, 2008

Mail call!

The mail came early today, and here is most of what I found:

One packet of poems marked as undeliverable, return to sender.
(In my doofiness, I sent it to an old address. Try, try again.)

One rejection letter
(With a date of November 26, 2007!)

On a brighter note:

A thank-you card from my Mom.
(Very pink!)

One postcard poem!

All balancing out.

And regarding this ongoing rejection theme, I think I'm going to remember a move from my dance teacher, who likes to say, "You're still a fabulous person."

I may be 48, and I may want to lose 10 pounds, and my poems may get rejected, but I'm still a fabulous person. And so are you.

Plus, I have a cat on my lap.

In other news, I found out today that Galway Kinell and I share the same birthday: today, although we are a few years apart.

1 comment:

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

I love the You're Still A Fabulous Person motto!

And you are a fabulous person, even more so on your birthday!

Cheers to you and your positive attitude!!