Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh, yeah, I'm ready for a Villanelle Yell!

In the anthology Limbs of the Pine, Peaks of the Range, Geoff Pope has a poem called "Villanelle Yell." The final two lines:

When I complete a villanelle,
I'll clap & sing & dance & yell.

These weekend, I've managed to finish two draft versions of one villanelle and a first version of a second villanelle. And if you think that's confusing, now I want to start a second version of the second villanelle.

But finishing this last one, I was sitting on the couch with the cat on my legs and I felt a deep need to leap up and do something crazy, or at least something physical. Instead, I leapt up and looked up Geoff's poem.

The cat is now back in position.

1 comment:

Geoff M. Pope said...

Seeing this for the first time todayellllll!

Geonelle

P.S.
After another full and satisfying school year,
I obviously have some long-awaited poetry
and blog reading to do.