Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Bus poems & a question

Originally, my plan was to write a new bus poem--start a new bus poem--on each day of my vacation. I was about halfway through the week when I realized that, in working on my long project, I had forgotten about my earlier plans. So I decided to write a bus poem a day for the first half of April (except for the first of April).

So here is the reminder: If you live in King, Kitsap, Pierce, or Snohomish county in Washington State, you can submit a poem for possible publication on the bus. The poem must be 50 words or less, you can submit only one poem, and the deadline is April 30. For more information, go to
www.4culture.org.

On a different note, does anyone out there know about the publishing status of poems that are published on blogs?

So far, I've only been posting poems that were previously published or that will probably not be published anywhere else (example: "The Apologies of J. Alfred P."). But a friend was asking whether I had posted some garden poems, and I thought this was as good a time as any to find out about the rules.

Rules on a blog? What next?

1 comment:

Joannie Stangeland said...

I contacted Peter Pereira, who has a really great blog (he's also a founding editor of Floating Bridge Press). Peter told me that some editors count blogs as publications and some don't. So, no rules and no knowing. But check out his blog at thevirtualworld.blogspot.com.