Saturday, August 23, 2008

30 years & a lifetime

Last night, I went to my high school reunion. I'll admit that I was a little anxious (more anxious as the afternoon progressed). But I had a fun time. I didn't take a camera, because it wouldn't fit in my tiny little purse (lame, I know).

But it was amazing, in a wonderful way, to see how people had changed. And who knows, maybe I'll get to see some of them before the next 10 years has passed.

And what does high school have to do with poetry? I asked myself that, and then I remembered I wrote a lot of poetry during those four years (I think that's a pretty common coping strategy for high school).

Next stop, Tieton, Washington for the family reunion. This time, I'll take a camera. And four loaves of homebaked bread and some morning beans (baked beans, named such by Claire, because I would always start them in the morning).

Final stop, poetry reading north of the Pike Place market at 4:00 PM on Sunday.

Now it's time to throw some clothes and some poems in a bag and hit the road.

No comments: