Monday, November 3, 2008

Mighty Tieton: A whole lotta LitFuse

I had an amazing time at LitFuse this year. At the Friday master class taught by Lorna Dee Cervantes, I learned so much. I'm ready to revisit and, yes, re-vision just about everything I've written.

And the weekend just kept going, with good poet company and breakout sessions on ekphrastic art and guerilla poetry and revision and writing the dead and a Day of the Dead ceremony and a keynote by Lorna Dee. I even managed to scratch out a few pieces that could become poems.

I came home exhausted and all charged up. Ready to write.




Art: A barn hanging from the ceiling.

The shrine for El Dia de los Muertos.

A picture of my grandmother on her back porch in Tieton and a poem I wrote for her.

Outside the door where I stayed.





A.K. "Mimi" Allin's Spoon River guerilla poetry installation.











A dry creekbed in a special refuge.



Vicki's cafe, Tieton, as I was leaving town.

2 comments:

Doug P. Baker said...

Not familiar with litfuse, but those are gorgeous pictures!

Joannie Stangeland said...

Cindy: Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Doug: LitFuse is an annual (okay, this was the second one) poetry workshop. Thanks for the reminder. I've added a link now.