Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A tisket, a tasket, a template

Continuing along the lines of tracking and keeping track, I want to revisit, for a moment, the idea of tracking submissions to journals.

First, thank you for sharing your systems.

For those of you who don't already have a system and just haven't gotten started, I put my simple little Word document into a template that you can download.

And if you already have a swanky system that you love, and if it uses an Office program such as Word or Excel or Outlook or OneNote, you can share your own template on the Office Online site.

Now, back to our previously scheduled heat wave.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Basically I use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my art inventory. At a glance I can see where all my pieces are, if they've been sold, and if I've been paid.
In the first column (titled PHOTO) I place a small pic of the artwork. The subsequent columns show ITEM(i.e. collage, box, paper quilt),TITLE, RETAIL PRICE, STATUS(i.e. sold, bartered, unsold), LOCATION(i.e., home, which gallery, commissioned work), MY% (ea. gallery sale nets a different %), PAID? Each row represents a different piece of art.
I'd try to send you a sample of my spreadsheet - but I have no idea how to make the file small enough to transmit.