Saturday, July 17, 2010

Painted Bride Quarterly's new issue

Painted Bride Quarterly's new issue is online, including one of my poems.

This is very exciting for me. And it's partly because the name "Painted Bride" always reminds me of Painted Bride Art Center, which helped fund Llory Wilson's amazing dance piece "This Chordate Carcass," based on the life and work of Frida Kahlo. I saw that piece in 1989. The dance, my introduction to Kahlo's work, and the name Painted Bride have stayed with me ever since.

2 comments:

Geoff M. Pope said...

FANtastic! I especially like the first four and the last four lines. Joannie, I hope PBQ submits your resplendent poem to the Pushcart, Best American Poetry 2010, etc. committees.

Joannie Stangeland said...

Wow, Geoff--thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the poem.